Monday, October 24, 2011

How much should it cost to get a water pump replaced?

This is for a 96 Nissan Centra....I was told I only needed a few hoses and an intake manifold but now this guy is finding more things and the price is skyrocketing!!! he wants to add on $300 to put on a new water pump...is he over charging me???How much should it cost to get a water pump replaced?The waterpump for your car from advanced auto parts is only 40 bucks, Labor should only run around 150.



But that is not the start of the problem, In all my years, I have never seen an intake manifold break. I think you got a hold of a hack mechanic. My advice is to have you car towed to another service shop, and ask for the old parts he took off of your car. Do not, I repeat DO NOT pay for any part he can not give you an old part for. Don't pay for the labor on said part either.How much should it cost to get a water pump replaced?Since the water pump is hidden behind the timing belt, you would need to disassemble a lot of the engine to get to it, so the labour cost is going to be very high even though the pump itself is quite cheap. I suggest changing your timing belt too, since you're going to have to pay the same amount of money for labour to replace it when it's next due... might as well get both done for the price of one.How much should it cost to get a water pump replaced?$300 for a water pump isn't bad if that includes parts. It cost me like $400+ to get a new water pump put in. I'd suggest you get the new water pump put in as you really do not want to know the consequences of having you water pump go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment