Monday, October 24, 2011

I have a 1977 70 hp Johnson How do I check the water pump? Where does the water discharge from?

I bought a water flushing device that looks like a set of head phones. When I start the engine I do not see the water coming out of the 2 exhaust holes located under the engine looking at it from the back. There is a small hole on the right side of the engine looking at it from the back. Could this be the discharge? When I turn the water on it is already coming out of that hole so I cannot tell if it is pumping. Please help if you can I do not want to spend money that I do not have to. ThanksI have a 1977 70 hp Johnson How do I check the water pump? Where does the water discharge from?put it in the water and see where the water comes out when you run the engine. it should be near the rear and under the engine housing.I have a 1977 70 hp Johnson How do I check the water pump? Where does the water discharge from?bossy has it right. can't say i've ever seen a '77 with a tell-tale, but just back it in the lake...don't take it off the trailer...and fire it up %26amp; see if it pumps. usually if in doubt, change the iimpeller anyway. it only costs $20+-.

No comments:

Post a Comment