Friday, June 3, 2011

How do you replace a water pump on a 1992 Chevy Lumina?

I have a 1992 Chevy Lumina. The low coolant light came on about a week ago and has not went off. I checked the coolant, and it's full. The only thing that I can figure out is my water pump is bad, and I don't know how to replace it. I have checked the fan, the fuses, the radiator. My car doesn't overheat, but I'm afraid that the motor is going to get damaged if I can't get the low coolant light to go off.How do you replace a water pump on a 1992 Chevy Lumina?I would check the %26quot;Coolant Level Sensor%26quot; first if the cooling system is full of anti-freeze and it is not overheating or showing any signs of leaking! If the sensor has gone bad it will turn the %26quot;Low Coolant Light%26quot; on, but the system will remain full and functional.How do you replace a water pump on a 1992 Chevy Lumina?Have you tried flushing the system? Also, check your thermostat. Get youself either a Chilton book or Haynes book for your make/model/year.



Most Auto part chains carry these books or you can usually get them at the larger bookstores. If they don't have it they can certainly order what you need.



These books give you step by step instructions, with illustrations, on just about everything you can do/replace on your car.How do you replace a water pump on a 1992 Chevy Lumina?if your coolant pump is leaking on that engine, you will see a long track on the hood liner. The pmp is behnd the pulley on the top front of the engine. Just remove the serp belt and the pulley (4 bolts), and there is 6 or 7 8mm bolts on the pump. Pretty simple operation.How do you replace a water pump on a 1992 Chevy Lumina?Don't forget to bleed the coolant system. There are two bleed valves (small brass fittings near upper hose housing and black fitting near water pump) read manual. near on this engine if V6 and I believe one for the 4cyl. If not bled, it will cause the engine light to come on due to an air bubble in the system and could cause overheating.

No comments:

Post a Comment