Monday, September 19, 2011

How do you read the stud and bolt sizes for my water pump?

I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. I am having trouble reading a diagram that shows the stud and bolt sizes for my water pump. Can you tell me how to read these sizes: M8*1.25*98.0, M8*1.25*131?How do you read the stud and bolt sizes for my water pump?hello, The 8 stands for 8 millimeter bolt. The 1.25 is the thread pitch. The 98 131 is millimeter lenth. If your changing pump on this car you will want to get new studs that pump mounts to.Any parts store will have them. Tell them what it's for. Be very carefull taking bolts off. They will want to snap. Soak nuts with wd40 before you start. Hope this helps,How do you read the stud and bolt sizes for my water pump?never quite read it that way/usually the head sizes were my main concernHow do you read the stud and bolt sizes for my water pump?The M8 is the Metric size designation for an 8mm bolt. The 1.25 is the thread pitch designation of 1.25 threads per Millimeter and the last figure is the bolt length from the open end to the under side of the head in Millimeters. The M8 bolts on your water pump should all be the same thread pitch so what you're really interested is that last figure. Either get a Millimeter rule or a conversion table for your inch rule so you don't put a long bolt in a shallow hole or a short bolt in a deep hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment