Friday, September 23, 2011

How to know if car water pump is making noise?

Hi, I can't tell if this noise is coming from my car's water pump, I went with my friend to this mechanic he knows and all he did was looked down the water pump and said it was the water pump making noise. He said he could make sure if it is the water pump if I bring it in later.



Can he find out for sure if the noise is from the water pump? I'm just worried it might be from the engine, if so then I might as well sell the car and not spend anymore money on it changing the water pump. Thanks.How to know if car water pump is making noise?If you don't have an automotive style stethoscope (like doctors use) then place the tip of a long screwdriver on the water pump while listening on the handle end when the car is running. You should be able to hear any odd noises. It is hard to tell because of the rumbling background but you can place it on a good device such as an alternator to tell the difference.How to know if car water pump is making noise?Remove the belt that turns the water pump and start the car. If the noise is gone, it's the water pump. If you still hear the noise, it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment