Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I have a well water pump in my basement. How do I adjust it to keep the water pressure up in the water lines?

Again, I have a well. We have a pump and a well water holding tank that does not keep up good pressure. The pressure gets below 25 pounds and that makes for very little pressure up stairs. I believe that there is an adjustment screw. I can see two screws; but need to know which one to adjust - clockwise or counter clockwise.. Appreciate the help. ThanksI have a well water pump in my basement. How do I adjust it to keep the water pressure up in the water lines?I think that you might need a new pressure tank or a new pressure switch.



If you depend on the pump for 100% of your water pressure, you will be disappointed and it will ruin the pump.I have a well water pump in my basement. How do I adjust it to keep the water pressure up in the water lines?Do NOT ADJUST SWITCH. ON THE BOTTOM OF YOUR COVER THERE IS A LIST OF PSI NUMBERS. IS YOURS 30/50 OR 40/60? THIS IS WHAT TAILS YOUR PUMP WHEN TO COME ON AND WHEN TO TURN OFF. DO YOU HAVE AIR IN YOUR TANK? IT SHOULD BE TWO PSI LOWER THEN YOUR TURN ON PSI. 30 OR 40 PSI. YOU NEED A NEW SWITCH OR AIR ADD TO YOUR TANK.I have a well water pump in my basement. How do I adjust it to keep the water pressure up in the water lines?Your water tank may be waterlogged. The last thing you want is for your pump to be turning on and off to maintain water pressure; this will ruin the pump. The pump is not intended to maintain pressure, that's the job of the tank. You can tell if the tank is waterlogged by seeing how long the pump stays on once it starts. If the pump comes on and runs only a few seconds then the tank's air reservoir is almost non-existent. One thing you could try is to turn off the pump and drain the tank completely by opening the drain valve near the bottom of the tank. After all the water has run from the tank, shut the valve and turn on the pump. It should take a minute or so to fill the tank, not a few seconds. The tank will not actually be full, maybe 2/3 or 3/4. It's the compressed air in the top that gives you your pressure. If this doesn't make any difference, then your pump control maybe needs to be replaced. the range on the control might be 20-40 or 30-50 psi. If you are not getting that something is wrong.I have a well water pump in my basement. How do I adjust it to keep the water pressure up in the water lines?Your water holdig tank may need air added to the top . there should be a thing that looks kike a thing on a tire you put air into. You will need to see what the air pressure in the tank is with a pressure guage. the data plate should tell you how much air pressure should be in the top of the tank. If the pressure is corect then you will need to adjust the screws on the pressure swithch . The instructions on how to adjust should be on the cover you took off to see the screwsI have a well water pump in my basement. How do I adjust it to keep the water pressure up in the water lines?Your best bet may be to call or go into a pump shop and bring or tell them the name and model number of the pump with you. These people deal with your type of issue everyday. Pumps can be very expensive to replace.

No comments:

Post a Comment