Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I know if the water pump on my 2003 KIA Sedona is leaking>?

car is in the shop to have the belts replaced, and they are saying that when they took the cover off they saw some %26quot;seapage%26quot; coming from the water pump.How do I know if the water pump on my 2003 KIA Sedona is leaking%26gt;?Take that cover off and look at it (to be a smart-xxxxxx)



Seapage is normally the sign of the seal on the bearing going out (there is a hole called a seap hole - intended JUST for this type of inspection) it can also mean the bearing is going out (and that causes the seal to leak). You %26quot;may%26quot; get away with not replacing it for a while / but they will charge you a lot more to take it all apart and replace it later. How much later is the only question once it is leaking.



Go into the shop and ask them to %26quot;see%26quot; it - it is not too hard to see if it is or has been leaking.How do I know if the water pump on my 2003 KIA Sedona is leaking%26gt;?look at your car is it a kia if it is then yes it is leakingHow do I know if the water pump on my 2003 KIA Sedona is leaking%26gt;?Inside the water pump is a mechanical seal that prevents the water from leaking out of the impeller area and around the fan shaft and to the outside. In the bottom of the pump there is a small hole that allows this water, that seeps past the mechanical seal, to leak to the outside and onto the ground. Thats the way you see if it is leaking. A small leak means the mechanical seal is not doing it's job. It may last for years or may wear out faster. Good luck. PopsHow do I know if the water pump on my 2003 KIA Sedona is leaking%26gt;?Generally waterpumps have a weep hole just bejond the packing or seal. The hole would be located on the bottom between the pulley and the pump body. If you see drips or runs there, most lkely your seal is compromised. The functionallity however is not necessarily limited. You are just loosing coolant to the outside. My advise: change it.
  • parameter
  • Source Dedicated Servers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment